*This post contains some affiliate links
The first time I got makeup I was 13 years old and received it as a Christmas present from my mom. It was your typical makeup starter kit: mascara, blush, eyeliner, and foundation.
I’ve never been really good with makeup and keep my look pretty basic, especially since getting eyelash extensions. (If you haven’t read my post about them yet, you can here!)
I’ve mentioned before that I have sensitive and dry skin so finding makeup that works best for me can be very challenging! Here are my favorite makeup products that I use!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I didn’t start using face primer until recently(it was rare that I wore foundation) I tried two different primers and wasn’t satisfied with either. I felt like my makeup didn’t stay on and it left my face extra dry. I was super self conscious about going out and looking like I had a stone face. I wandered around Sephora for a while looking at all the different primers to see what would be best. I came across this one and thought I’d give it a try. It said that it works well with all skin types and was oil-free so I thought I’d give it a go. IT WORKS WONDERS Y’ALL. My skin seriously looks flawless and my makeup stays on the whole day. It doesn’t make my skin dry out and I have only a little bit of dry patches (I’ve only just started using this and it’s winter time. I’m excited to see how it works in the summer!)
- Cover | FX Natural Finish Foundation – Shade: P20. I’ve tried so many foundations over the years and just gave up. I couldn’t find the right shade and every foundation dried out my face. I went to Sephora one day, stuffed down my social anxiety, and asked an employee to help me find a good brand and shade. I let her know that my face is sensitive and very dry so I didn’t want something that would make it worse. She and about four other girls were so nice and helpful! They said Cover | FX would be a great brand for me and tried about 4 different shades to make sure I had the best one – they even had me test them in different lighting to make sure it was the right shade #blessed
- Morphe 35OM Nature Glow Matte Eye shadow Palette. I got this palette as a gift from one of my friends and I fell in love with it REAL quick. I love natural shades and the colors are extremely pretty. The eye shadow goes on perfectly and it doesn’t run or smudge throughout the day. I’ve fallen asleep with my eye shadow on and it still looks amazing the next day! I like to play around with the colors but there’s a select 4 shades that I use almost every day!
- Sephora Collection Dual Coverage Makeup Sponge. Okay, so this is probably common knowledge but make sure you have a quality makeup sponge! I’m pretty sure I purchased some makeup sponges at Forever 21 or something for, like, $5 and just went for it. The. Quality. Matters. I went with the dual coverage sponge just to try it out and I was amazed at how much smoother my foundation went on. I didn’t need to use a lot and the overall coverage looked so much better and more natural!
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick. Hands down my favorite lipstick. I have a couple different shades and love every single one! This lipstick goes on so smoothly and doesn’t dry out your lips. It lasts pretty long and I only need to do touch ups after I eat something. I also love that it’s extremely easy to remove at the end of the day! I hate when lipstick clings to your lips and takes so much scrubbing to get off. So this is definitely an added plus for me!
If you try any of these out let me know what you think! What are some of your favorite makeup products? Share below!