Growing up I didn’t care too much what kind of skincare or beauty products I used. As far as I was concerned, if I was clean then I was good to go. Now in the last few years I’ve really been into skin and beauty care to keep my skin hydrated and comfortable.
My skin is very sensitive and dry, face and body. I put lotion on after my shower every time, use lotion after I wash my hands, and use Aquaphor as chapstick for my lips. It’s taken awhile to find the right products for myself and it can seem like an impossible mission if the products you’re trying aren’t working. So I hope to save you the some of the trouble and have listed my favorite beauty and skincare products! All the products I’m listing are great quality and come at great prices too, win-win!
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lotion — All the fragrances are so wonderful and perfect for each use. I use Comfort right before I go to sleep. It’s definitely my favorite smell and is perfect for helping me fall asleep. It’s also one of the smoother lotions so it goes on really well. I’ve also used the Stress Relief and Bergamot lotions and have had great experiences with both! Bergamot is currently in my drawer at work because it’s used to increase positivity. What I love most about these lotions is that they aren’t greasy. I love to moisturize but I do not like the lotions that leave your hands oily and greasy. It’s a huge pet peeve! These lotions go on smoothly and sink into your skin fast leaving your hands extremely soft, moisturized, and smelling amazing.
- CeraVe Body Wash w Salicylic Acid for Rough and Bumpy Skin — I think I found out about this body wash through a Buzzfeed article and I’m SO glad I stumbled across it! The reviews seemed pretty good and I was trying to find a solution for my back acne. I didn’t use to get acne there but within the last year it’s started to become a problem with frequent breakouts, especially when I get stressed. It was probably a week after I started using this wash that I noticed instant results! My acne isn’t completely gone from my back and shoulders but it has significantly gone down! I also don’t get as many painful breakouts either. I definitely recommend this body wash if you struggle with acne on your body – it’s a life saver!
- Ella + Mila Nail Strengthener — I stopped getting acrylic nails because I hated how brittle my fingernails were once I got acrylics taken off. I was originally using the OPI nail strengthener, which does work extremely well, but I found that I’m liking this one a lot more! I came across it while I was shopping at Target for more of the OPI brand. They were sold out and this one caught my eye. It has super cute packaging and doesn’t come with harsh chemicals. What I really love about this nail strengthener is that it lasts longer. With the OPI brand, I noticed that it would start to chip quickly and so I had to reapply frequently. With this one I only have to put on one coat for the week and I get instant results!
- Dove DermaSeries Body Cream : Dry Skin Relief — I just recently started using this body cream and I’m SO glad that I did! My legs get extremely dry and are really sensitive after I shave. This cream worked wonders with the irritation! It is a little greasy because it’s a cream but my skin absorbs it quickly so I don’t mind all that much. My legs also stay moisturized and are insanely smooth throughout the day.
- Pacifica Face Masks — I had been trying to find the perfect face mask for me a couple years now. Some burned my skin, others were a hassle to clean off, and some just plain didn’t work at all. I was browsing through the face masks at Target one day and came across Pacifica. There are two face masks they have that work very well for my skin type. The first is Super Green Detox: Kale & Charcoal Detox Mask. This one is perfect for those who have clogged pores and blemish prone skin. Ever since I stopped my birth control, my face breaks out constantly and gets worse when I start to stress. When that happens I use Stress Rehab: Coconut & Caffeine Mask. This one can be used for all skin types, especially for stressed ones. The Green Detox is my go-to face mask but if I’ve had a stressful week and my face shows it, I go straight for the Stress Rehab. Bonus: These face masks are 100% vegan & cruelty free!
Once I find a product that works well for me, I almost always stay on it. I don’t like to switch up products a lot because it can cause other reactions or reverse the process I was making.
What are your skin types and favorite products to use?