I’ve mentioned it before that I have anxiety and depression. It’s taken me many years to understand and find ways to cope with them.
Music was the only thing that kept me going when I was majorly depressed a few years ago. I got into new and different music and drowned myself in it. It forced me to meet new people and make a life for myself that wasn’t controlled by anxiety and depression.
So today I want to share with you some favorite songs of mine that I listen to when I just need to calm down and relax. Note: These are not listed in any particular order.
- “Hayling” – FC Kahuna. I love this song so much because it’s extremely relaxing and chill. There’s very little lyrics as well which I find helpful if i’m working on something. I’m able to concentrate more easily.
- “A Moment Apart” – ODESZA. Honestly any Odesza song works for calming me down but this one especially. It’s calm but very upbeat and just makes my mood a whole lot better by listening to it. It brings so many happy and positive vibes that sometimes I’ll have it on repeat a few times!
- “breathin” – Ariana Grande. This song is off Ariana’s new album Sweetener and I love it! The song itself focuses on Ariana’s own anxiety and it’s totally relatable. With Ariana’s voice, the upbeat vibe, and understanding lyrics, it’s hard to stay in a bad mood when you’re jamming along.
- “Intro” – The xx. A popular one among my friends, I highly recommend this one when trying to fall asleep. The whole album is fantastic but this song especially will work wonders on your brain.
- “Cherry Pie Jam” – Hollow Clouds. I found this song when I was getting my nails done and needed a relaxing station to listen to. I loved it so much that I kept it on repeat the whole hour! The song brings only positive vibes – I mean, look at the title!
- “Let it Be” – Blackmill (feat Veela). Here’s another great calm song to put you in a relaxed mood. Literally, it makes you feel like you’re sleeping on clouds. Even the lyrics bring a calm, positive presence.
- “Rosemary” – Deftones. Moving onto something a little bit heavier. Deftones is a perfect band when you’re looking for something chill to listen to but need to satisfy your heavy music craving. I promise you that this song does not disappoint.
- “Kansas” – The Devil Wears Prada. Another one to feed your metal self. A completely instrumental song, I guarantee that it will hit you in your feels. I have to play this song at least twice in a row because it’s that amazing.
- “Mr. Sandman” – SYML. A friend of mine showed me this cover and it’s amazing! I like listening to it when I’m feeling cozy at home with my cats or reading a book.
- “The Calm” – Of Mice & Men. Another completely instrumental song that’s perfect to literally keep you calm and stress free. It’s also another one on my sleep time playlist!
And there ya have it! My top 10 songs to listen to when I’m having anxiety, need sleep, or some calm vibes.
Let’s keep the discussion rolling! What are some of your favorite songs to listen to when you have anxiety or need some chill vibes in your life?