*This post contains affiliate links
Let’s get skin-ky!
Ah, yes. A horrible pun. If we’re gonna become friends then I’ll let you know right now that puns are my favorite thing in the world. But we’ll save that for another time – onto skincare!
Quick backstory ~
For medical reasons I needed to stop taking hormonal birth control. This turned out to be great for me because without the birth control, my cycle became normal again and I wasn’t getting frequent migraines. However, with positives come negatives. One of those negatives was hormonal acne; something I never had to deal with before. Through many articles, reviews, and my doctor, here is what I found helps keep my face feeling fresh and kept under control.
- Remove any makeup. If I happen to be wearing any makeup then obviously I gotta take it off. I first start with Neutrogena Make-Up Wipes. After that I use Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove any remaining makeup and refresh my face after a long day.
- Wash my face. Now that makeup is out of the way we can get to cleaning! I use Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. Before I was using Clean & Clear but once I started getting acne I needed to find something that was really going to help calm it down. A lot of reviews and articles said any kind of Aveeno product is really good for your skin but this one was especially recommended for hormonal acne and sensitive skin.
- Witch Hazel. A friend of mine uses witch hazel and recommended it. And now I recommend it to you! The kind I use is Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel. The smell is amazing and it’s alcohol free which is even better for your skin. Using the witch hazel I’ve noticed that my skin doesn’t get as red as it normally would and my pores aren’t as noticeable. It leaves my skin feeling soft, refreshed, and smelling amazing!
- Clindamycin Wipes. After talking to my doctor she prescribed me two medications to use for my acne. I do have to note that I’ve used them about a week now and was advised that it can take 2-3 months before I start noticing any effects -so to be continued!
- Adapalene 0.1% Cream. This one I use only at night and put it on the areas that I have the most acne.
- Eye Cream. The skin around your eyes is the most sensitive on your face so make sure to show some love! I use LUSH Enchanted Eye Cream.
- Moisturize! The final and most important part is to moisturize! I keep my skin hydrated with the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer. Moisturizing also helps keep your skin young and help prevent wrinkles so make sure you do it twice a day!
There you have it! My nighttime skincare routine. I’ve provided links so y’all can check these items out for yourself!